This month marks one YEAR of cloth diapering with McKay! While I'm still no expert I decided to share what I have learned:
-Disposable liners (that go closet to his bum) are a life saver. When he poops we simply flush the liner and clean up is over.
- Because of those liners we never bought a special toilet sprayer
- Cloth diapers are bulkier than disposable and less absorbent
- McKay sleeps in a disposable diaper every night and anytime with babysitters so we buy a 96 count package of disposable diapers about every three months
- We only have seven cloth diapers so we do laundry every other day. McKay goes through about 3-4 diapers a day
- When washing the diapers, I just use a low dye (Tide Free & Clear) detergent but if we are out we use whatever
- In June, I bought six more terry cloth insert for his pocket diapers so he wouldn't pee through as often. This means I put two insert in each diaper
- The one size fits all is all we have and they have been great
- He has only gotten diaper rash once or twice this whole year and it was related to teething
- Snapping the diaper on is harder than sticking a disposable on
- I buy as much as I can on Ebay! From the liners to inserts to the diapers themselves..it's the cheapest way to go
In all honesty, cloth diapering is more work BUT the price is right for us and it has been such a good learning experience
and just look how cute his booty is in them:
If you have questions, feel free to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment