Our Jeep is currently abandoned at the Lifetime parking lot -- after trying to jump it three different times with three different cars it's there to stay. The rental company for our apartment has been constantly reminding us that we need to give them 60 days notice of move out and that we need to decided the length of our new contract ASAP, the shorter the length, the additional $100s we'll pay each month. I opened my iCal app to find that Rich has a second interview set up for a position with IIT, in Italy. And just last night an application has been sent for a position in Indianapolis.
We don't know where we will be in three months time, we don't know what we'll be doing, and there are too many unknowns to do any serious research to be prepared. We've sent in applications for two American schools in Berlin for McKay but we're not any closer to knowing if we are headed that direction, what if we are moving somewhere else and have missed school application deadlines because that location simply wasn't on our radar? What if we are staying here and extending for a year? Am I ready to go through all these unknowns again? And if we take the Humbolt Fellowship, we'll be looking towards another move just two years later.
As I've been thinking about all this and replaying it in my mind as I type, I feel like I should be losing my mind.
But, I'm not.
Somehow, someway it'll all work out and while I may not be this calm tomorrow, I'm going to enjoy it today.